Wednesday, December 7, 2011

RECEIVING HIGHER INNER GUIDANCE

Meditative focusing is the means for shifting to a greater Self. At this level we’re not only connected to our full creative potentials (the source of all of our greater possibilities), we’re also supremely guided.

Many years ago, being meditatively focused, I felt a sudden urge to take an aimless stroll. I wandered to a bench at 79th Street and Broadway. Unexpectedly a thought came to me: "Time to buy a co-op ... 92nd Street." Immediately I was inspired to go to a real-estate office and see what was available. What was offered didn’t seem right. A week later at my country house, I got an intuitive flash to cut the weekend short, return home and check with doormen along Broadway. My wife and I did just that. When we got to a building on 92nd Street, we learned of two apartments. One was not right, the other was spoken for, but something inside urged me to ask to see it anyway. And the moment the door swung open, a ‘voice’ within me joyfully shouted "YES! THIS IS IT". I asked the agent to check with the owner (even though it was thought to have been taken). We found that the agent who had been handling the apartment had dropped out of sight, leaving the sale unconfirmed. The owner immediately offered the apartment to us and at just the limit we could afford. She could have easily asked for (and gotten) more and priced me out, but she didn’t. We bought, moved in, and have never been happier.

Was this just random good fortune or a ‘hidden hand’ at work here? I can’t say. But I do know from experience that when I meditatively focus, a special guidance often occurs. By ‘listening’ to the subtle ‘voice’ of my ‘Greater-Self’, I’m guided to my best future. This process has helped me in many important ways throughout the years, including starting a Personal Growth Center, investing, and finding my dear wife.

However we choose to explain it, there’s a deeper level of Self we can tune in to that more wisely can guide us. And it happens when we become perfectly still and meditatively focus within.

Goodness and Joy to all, Joseph.

SPREAD AWARENESS ... FORWARD THESE THOUGHTS TO FRIENDS.